4205 SE 59th Ave
The Thoughtful Decision ...
Today, more people are recognizing that planning a funeral in advance of need demonstrates love and consideration toward their family members. It is a thoughtful decision that reduces the stress of indecision and uncertainty when death occurs.
The following information has been prepared to answer some of the questions we frequently receive about pre-arrangement.
Why do people pre-arrange a funeral service for themselves or a family member?
Prearranging funeral services offers many great benefits:
- Eliminates the burden of your family and friends having to make difficult decisions at the time of need.
- Allows you to make your own choices regarding your funeral service.
- Locks in and guarantees our prices at the time of the prearrangement. Meaning, your family will not have to pay any more for the services you select, regardless of inflation.
- Gives peace of mind to yourself and those you love knowing that the arrangements are made and that there are adequate funds to cover the funeral expenses.
- Can provide benefits when you are applying for Medicaid in the U.S.
- Allows for flexible payment options.
What steps are involved?
Pre-planning funeral arrangements is a simple process. We will explain to you all of your options and guide you through establishing your own plans.
What will the pre-arranged funeral service cost?
The cost of the pre-arranged funeral plan is dependent only on the services and merchandise that you select. There are not any additional fees associated because the services are being selected ahead of time at Mt. Scott Funeral Home & Cremation.
Any persons between the ages of 0-99 can preplan their funeral.
Payment options are flexible. You can do as little as leaving information on file at the funeral home with your wishes outlined without providing the funds to paying in full for those services you desire. We also offer flexible payment plans based on your individual financial needs.
How is Pre-Planning Done?
A funeral home staff member will meet with you at a time that is convenient, and assist you in recording your wishes. You choose those items you desire for your funeral including the appropriate merchandise. Important vital statistical information along with obituary information will be recorded. Once you have made your selections, you will learn the payment options available to you. A record of your selections will be kept on file at the funeral home until the time of need.